Disclaimer about the links on my blog

I LOVE the products I promote and am an Affiliate, Ambassador, Consultant, Designer or Advisor with all of them because of it.
I receive a sales credit when you click through my links to make a purchase...and for this I thank you in advance!

Friday, March 27, 2015

Digital Mess?

If you have a lot of these



I can probably help you get a handle on that digital mess so you can enjoy and share the pictures and stories with others.

I use Panstoria Historian to organize and edit my photos and Panstoria Artisan to make scrapbooking pages and other photo projects with those precious photos.

One of the first things I try to do after an event is copy the memory card to my laptop.  I do this by loading the photos and videos into my vault. 

Once there I tag them to the appropriate event or theme - Birthdays, Cruises, School Functions, Backyard fun...I have lots of different folders available and can add more as needed.  I also have the option for facial recognition so I can tag photos by person in addition to the categories above.  This makes it really easy to find pictures later when creating special photo projects.

When setting up sort boxes/folders, you don't want to setup too many where it becomes a chore to load into the vault...but you don't want to be too vague either otherwise you will only have the timeline to guide you when looking for photos.

Speaking of timeline...there's no need to include the date (or any part of a date) in the sort boxes/folders because we do have the timeline.  You can simply have a Christmas folder and the timeline will help you narrow down if you want a particular year or more.

There's also a star rating and journaling option.

Once done, you can exit the software and the active shadow copy will take care of backing up or you can manually do an incremental backup...at that point you can feel comfortable clearing your memory card and make room for more pictures.

FREE 30 day trials are available via my links, but please be sure to make your purchase using the links on my blog and not the software when the time comes to make the purchase.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment